Saturday, July 27, 2013

Fourth times the charm!

Last Sunday I traveled to London to meet up with Amy (past P.E. teacher at Arrowhead) and Jenna (Speech Pathologist at Arrowhead).  I thankfully made it through check-in in Italy, customs in London, and had no problems with my luggage (Woo Hoo!) 

Once I arrived in London and dropped off my luggage at the hotel, Amy, Jenna, and I went to a local British pub/restaurant for fish and chips.  It's so nice to be in a relatively familiar place to home, and especially a place where English is the first language.  While we were eating an older Scottish gentleman, Steve Anderson, came up and began talking to  us.  Even though we were a little weirded out, we knew he was just a nice older gentleman looking for company.  We didn't talk too long with him, but within the conversation we somehow got on the topic of the coming Royal baby.  He offered to us his promised prediction that the Royal baby would definitely be born the next day (Monday), and that it would be a boy.  Laughing under our breath at his extreme certainty in his belief, you can imagine how astonished we were the next morning to hear that Kate was at the hospital in labor and later that day to hear that it was indeed a boy.  We feel like we owe Steve an apology for being so cynical and not taking his prediction so serious.  I will say that he also predicted that the baby would be named Albert, but I'd say 2 out of 3 is still pretty impressive!




No comments:

Post a Comment