Monday, July 15, 2013

3 for 3 on travel day misfortunes :)

Since I chose to stay out with my friends until 1:30 a.m. in Austria, I ended up just staying awake through the whole night because a taxi was scheduled to pick me up at 4:00 a.m. to get me to the airport for my 6:30 a.m. flight.   I was surprisingly not that tired through the night, perhaps just too amped up from the night before and real excited about meeting Lance, Chris and Mel in Italy.  Thankfully there was once again no problems in the airport with my passport, so I arrived in Rome with no problems.  However, the flight from Salzburg to my connecting in Berlin was so small that my carry-on suitcase couldn't fit in the overhead bin.  So they had to take my luggage and put it with the other checked luggage below.  They assured me that it would make it to Rome just fine, but it didn't.  I later found out that the tag completed by the airline was filled out incorrectly and Rome was listed as the connecting and Berlin as the final destination.  The luggage made it to Rome Sunday afternoon, but I was told that it would be delivered by the airport and it's best to wait at the hotel.  Another two days goes by, and I asked if I could go to the airport to get it myself.  Long story short, I should have done that Sunday because losing two hours to travel back and forth from the airport was a lot better than wearing another shirt of Lances and Mels shorts that she graciously let me borrow.  The good news is that I have my luggage, though!  I now feel like my vacation in Italy has finally started!  

No comments:

Post a Comment